It is important to flush your fridge water filter before you put it to use. The reason for flushing the filter is to activate the carbon in the filter, which then traps harmful pollutants in the tap water from getting into your drinking water. Follow these easy steps to flush your filter:
- Find a large bucket or container (one that can fit the water dispenser or filter for the fridge).
- Place 1 gallon of water in the container. (If you are using cups: four cups equal one quart and four quarts equal one gallon).
- Run the water through the filter. Submerge the water filter in the water.
- Repeat steps 1-3 until you have flushed 3-5 gallons of water (you will need to run 3-5 gallons of water before using your filter)
- Once the water has gone through the filter, discard the water into the sink.
**If your refrigerator doesn’t have a water dispenser, discard by using two batches of ice.
Find out more on how to flush your water filter, from this post.
Please sign in to leave a comment.